Occupational Health Nurse Band 6
Military Medical Personnel
Occupational Health Nurse - Essential Requirements:
* Must be Registered Nurse (A) on Part 1 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Register and not be subject to any restrictions in practice.
* Must hold a BSc(Hons) in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing - Occupational Health with registration on Part 3 of the NMC register or Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing.
* Must have a minimum of two year s post registration in a Band 6 or higher grade in an Occupational health (OH) setting (within the last three years).
* Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
* Must be in date with training for Basic Life Support (BLS), Anaphylaxis, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Level 2 Safeguarding Adults.
* Must have experience in undertaking fitness for work assessments and functional capacity assessments gained within the last 3 years.
Occupational Health Nurse - About the Role:
* Flexible & adaptable with a proactive approach
* You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
* Deliver a professional & personal service at all times
* Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
Occupational Health Nurse - About Military Medical Personnel and our Benefits:
Military Medical Personnel (MMP) is a specialist recruitment consultancy dedicated exclusively to providing locum civilian medical, dental and healthcare professionals to the Ministry of Defence. We are a contracted supplier to the MOD and have locum vacancies on military bases throughout the UK and occasionally overseas locations.
Military Medical Personnel offer an attractive package for candidates which may include the following:
* Attractive rates of pay with weekly payments and choice of payment model
* A generous "Refer a Friend" bonus scheme
* Flexibility of long and short term assignments to suit your availability
* Contribution towards your continued professional development (CPD) if applicable
* Free uniforms provided (if required)
* A disclosure check PVG membership in Scotland or Access Northern Ireland certificate is required for this post which will be paid for by us
Free blood tests and fitness to work certificates (if required)
* Free mandatory training
* Weekly payments
* Assigned an experienced consultant who will support you throughout your application who will continue to look after you during your assignment
All job placements are subject to the receipt of satisfactory compliance requirements and a current DBS
We reserve the right to remove this requirement once a suitable candidates has been selected.