Compassionate Care Ltd
FIELD CARE SUPERVISORS NEEDED - £10.50 per hour!
We are a care provider who has Domiciliary Care Contracts in Trafford and Derbyshire (Glossop) that we are recruiting for committed staff who are not afraid of a challenge and who have a natural sense of empathy with others who need support along with bucket loads of common sense.
You will have an easy-going personality and are tolerant of others who may display behaviour that challenges on occasion. You are able to thrive in a high-pressure environment and have organisation skills and ability to think outside the box.
· Does this sound like you????
· Are you ready to the next step in your career????
Look no further - this job is the one you have been waiting for!!
The reason why Compassionate Care have so many staff who have been with them for over 6 years is simple – we value and respect all of our staff and are aware that without you, we cannot provide the services that we do to vulnerable people living in their own homes. We always say thank you for making a difference and we provide a friendly, flexible and supportive framework for you to work in.
Our main focus aside from the people we support are our Care Workers - most of our office staff started as Care Workers and have been promoted internally. With our Field Care Supervisors, Care Coordinators and Managers all still delivering hands on care & support, we are a business that stays in touch with its staff because we lead from the front. We listen to our staff, we respond, and we make changes to constantly improve. We know that without you, the world would be a very sad place! We provide a friendly, professional and supportive working environment and most importantly you become part of the Compassionate Care & Support family!
You will enable the people we support to lead their best lives based upon their personal support needs and remain safely in their own homes. You need to work to the standards set internally (by Compassionate Care) and externally (by the Care Quality Commission), doing all you can to make sure that the people we support and your colleagues come to no harm and that the people we support are satisfied with the level of support they receive. You will achieve this by communicating with individuals and by following the underpinning principles of Person-Centred Active Support (PCAS).
The Key Responsibilities of the Role are as follows:
· To manage the day to day running of service to people in their own homes
· To act as first line support to Home Care staff in the field
· Ensure records of support provision are accurately and confidentially maintained
· You will be responsible for quality and compliance of information held on Client files (office and in-home)
· Introduce new staff to designated clients (including temporary, holiday/sickness cover)
· Support your Coordinator & Manager in ensuring that team rotas are in place to meet contracted hours of provision for your specified clients (new & existing)
· Monitor service systems according to policy and procedure
· To support Team in the delivery of service:
· Provide direct supervision to support staff & ‘buddy’ new staff
· Be a great role model – create the Field Care Supervisors of the future
· Feedback from Service Evaluations given to Team
· Carry out regular 1:1’s, Supervision and annual appraisals
· Bi-weekly catch up with Team to discuss rota, client issues, challenges
· Responsible for Team performance(client feedback and monthly login records)
· To contribute to the service provision and development:
· To work on shift as agreed, providing direct support to the individual client
· You will be required to participate in on-call (cover for holidays/sickness, extras/emergencies) and sleepover arrangements, where service needs dictate
· Establish and maintain effective communication with families and relevant others of designated clients
· To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities or as necessitated by the needs of the business
· Excellent Team Working capabilities
· Has Level 3 in Health & Social Care or a least be prepared to work towards achieving this
· Well organized with good time management skills
· Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality
· Able to work individually with minimal supervision
· Ability to prioritise and plan around client needs.
· Genuine caring nature
· Bucket loads of common sense
You must be able to commit to alternative weekends.
This is a full time role with a guaranteed hours contract Salary: £10.50 per hour. For this role we are offering a guarantee of 37.5 hours, made up of 20 hours of supervisory work and the rest in actual care delivery.
For this role sadly we can’t accommodate people who use alternative methods of transport so you would need access to a vehicle and a valid UK driving license.