Cramond Residence, Edinburgh’s Finest Care Home is seeking outstanding individuals who are compassionate and talented.
You will be quality driven to achieve standards of excellence in all aspects of your role.
A customer focused approach is synonymous with the ethos of Cramond Residence therefore you will be committed and innovative in your approach to care delivery.
We are seeking Nurses with active NMC registration, and where possible a background in the Care Home sector.
Staff Nurse Key responsibilities
- The post holder will be expected to function as an independent practitioner/clinical expert by virtue of their in-depth knowledge and experience. They will assist in leading & managing a team of staff as delegated by the General Manager
- The post holder will initiate & manage projects that will deliver enhanced resident care & inform best practice. This to ensure that Cramond Residence’s aims and objectives are incorporated into all aspects of care for residents
- To provide nursing and personal care to residents and promote their abilities.
- To provide end of life care residents who can no longer benefit from active medical intervention
- The post holder is responsible for ordering supplies within agreed budget & in accordance with Cramond Residence financial policies
- Has a responsibility for ensuring cost effective staff utilisation in line with workload requirements
- Will be required to supervise qualified and unqualified staff on a day to day basis as delegated by Line Manager aff Nurse Main Duties
- Observe Cramond Residence Policies & procedures at all times
- Take responsibility for ensuring personal immunisation programme is up to date.
- Support & manage staff within the unit ensuring that resident’s needs are assessed, care planned, implemented & evaluated, & that there is consultation & involvement of residents & agreed family/others.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest quality of care to residents & their families by implementing policies & ensuring staff adhere to policies & approved process
- Responsible for conducting monthly clinical audits according to a monthly schedule
- Manage the unit team on a daily basis including induction, recruitment, appraisal, performance management, 1 st line absence management
- Lead, motivate, develop & retain the team utilising mentorship, objective setting and appraisal, enabling educational needs of team to be met
- Contribute to, and support, the provision of clinical practice for pre-registration students, & appropriate post – registration nurses to fulfil requirements and ensure that appropriate educational opportunities are provided
- To effectively and efficiently manage the use of resources ensuring that appropriate skill mix is maintained at all times.
- Be responsible for the control & monitoring of the unit budget ensuring provision of a high-quality cost-effective service
- Ensure effective operational management of the unit
- Ensure ongoing personal development needs and professional education
- Be aware of current research within Care of the Elderly & Palliative care & disseminate research based evidence within units.
- Responsible for maintaining resident’s records within agreed standards.
- Ability to organise own work load with regard to assessing resident’s needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care which is evidenced based utilising all available resources taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender, and cultural background and ensuring involvement of resident, family, and significant others if this is desired by the resident
Knowledge of caring for people living with Dementia is advantageous. You will be computer literate. Through your strong clinical expertise and established people management and leadership skills you will ensure the highest standards are realised throughout Cramond Residence
In return for your commitment we will provide market leading terms and conditions. The Company will invest heavily in your personal development.
£17.42 per basic hourly rate FTE 39.22 per week O/T rate of £24.38 per hour