Mental Health Nurse
If you are a knowledgeable and enthusiastic mental health nurse who is ready to take on a new challenge, joining a dedicated mental health team in Newcastle could be a great opportunity for you to further develop your career.
We are looking for a mental health nurse to join a crisis team working within acute and urgent care were you would be required to implement vital treatment and care to working age adults (18-65) who are experiencing serious issues with their mental health.
Working as a mental health nurse within this team you will be required to work quickly and efficiently to identify safe and progressive care for those in need. The role is community based, you will join the crisis team and take on a case-load. You will be responsible for working age adults, providing assessment s and taking referrals.
Day to day tasks in this role would include: supporting services, providing risk assessments, creating care plans and making referrals.
If you feel your attributes would be suitable for this role please read more information below. The ideal candidate would be a band 6 with experience in working with in a community mental health setting.
This role is to cover a vacancy within the team and is expected to run for at least 3-4 months, with possibility of extension. This role is to work between 30-37.5hrs per week over 7 days (Monday to Sunday) shift are totally flexible both days and nights and two/three long days or 3/5 short days will be accepted.
Working as a mental health nurse for Randstad you will get fantastic benefits including:
* Weekly payroll and a slick online timesheet portal
* Competitive pay rates of up to 30 per hour
* A well established work app that allows you to manage your shifts, accepting and rejecting shifts at the click of a button
* Unique access too many of Randstad s fantastic employee benefits, an app offering you exclusive discounts on restaurants, shops, holidays and more!
* In house training that counts towards NMC revalidation
As a mental health nurse working within the ward your duties would include:
* Creating care plans for people who have been hospitalised
* Making visits to hospital if someone is going on leave or being discharged
* Assessing the needs of the individual and deciding the next steps, offering support
* Assist with self-help strategies
* Provide practical help, for example with money, housing or childcare arrangements
* Helping to plan future care to someone who has had a crisis to prevent this happening again in future
* Carrying out urgent mental health assessments
* Discharging those who no longer require the service when appropriate
* Working closely with local authority when needed
* Making referrals over to other services when necessary
Minim requirements for this role are:
- A degree in Mental Health Nursing
- Valid NMC Pin
As a potential candidate you will be registered with NMC and have a qualification as a Mental Health Nurse. If you meet this criteria then we d love to hear from you!
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have then please contact Sarah on click Apply below.Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.