If your passion is in social care don t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work within this outstanding authority. Darlington Borough Council is currently looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their Looked After Through Care team on a three month basis with the view to extend. This full time position offers an attractive hourly rate of up to £213.92 per day (Umbrella). You will be working alongside a supportive team, allowing you to make a positive impact on the lives of young children & their family on a daily basis.
As well as being a supportive authority Darlington offers:
* Clear progression routes
* Easy transport links
* Parking Permanent
* Located in the Town Centre
* Easy access to local amenities
* Provided with a work phone & tablet from the outset of contract
* Access to all training course available to permanent staff members
Benefits of Randstad
* An unlimited referral incentive, £300 voucher for anyone you refer to us
* Full range of training available
* Support & training in line with HCPC
* A committed & dedicated consultant
* As an Advanced Practitioner will have a reduced caseload of the most complex cases.
* You will play a key role in supervising, developing and monitoring the competency of the Social Worker staff within the team.
* Deputise for the Team Manager and therefore will require some management experience.
* Maintaining accurate and up to date files
* Carrying out initial or core assessments & reviews
* Developing & implementing child centred plans
* Attending child protection & safeguarding meetings
* Report writing
* Liaising with other professional bodies where appropriate
* Setting & maintaining high standards
The successful candidate must
* Be passionate about improving the lives of young children & their families
* Have previous experience of statutory children s Social Work, inclusive of Looked After Children
* Have an up-to-date knowledge of the legal framework for children s Social Care
* Be committed to ensuring effective multi-disciplinary and multi-agency safeguarding work to achieve the best outcomes for our children and young people.
* Be a qualified social worker
* Be HCPC registered
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss other opportunities available within social care please contact Ethan Proud at Randstad.Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.