The day-to-day job of a support worker differs depending on the needs of the person they are supporting. This can include helping people to carry out their daily tasks to take care of themselves, teaching new skills, providing emotional support, and ensuring they are living a fulfilled life. The role is primarily focused on enabling and supporting people to live their lives as independently as they can. At LG Caring we support people with a diverse range of needs, including learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities, acquired brain injuries and mental health needs. As a support worker with LG Caring, you may find yourself working in a variety of settings, including people’s own homes, in health and social care settings such as independent living services and our day services or out in the community. What are the responsibilities of a support worker? There are many roles and responsibilities of a support worker, including: *Providing physical support which may include helping with household tasks and personal care. *Providing emotional support for an individual and their families. *Supporting and helping with health care needs, including routine checks or administrating medication. *Encouraging and supporting the development of personal skills through hobbies and interests. *Teaching life skills, such as shopping, using public transport and paying for bills. *Working with other healthcare professionals to ensure that all care needs meet the highest possible standards. There are certain skills that are beneficial to have when working as a support worker, for example: -An interest in helping other people, regardless of their condition. -The ability to communicate clearly and sensitively when talking to people and their families. -Good listening skills. -Great problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt and act accordingly to situations. -Good time management skills to be able to support the needs of multiple people. -The ability to keep up with changing standards and codes of conduct in the social care sector. -The ability to work both alone and as part of a team. -A high level of patience and emotional resilience. -Being empathetic towards everyone. -The ability to make good, positive relationships with people and their families. -The ability to communicate with other healthcare professionals. -Great verbal and written communication skills. -A non-judgemental attitude regardless of a person’s needs. -The ability to remain calm under pressure and when dealing with challenging situations.
LG CARING - Domiciliary and Homecare Provider
There comes a time in each of our lives when we or our loved ones need some assistance. If you or your loved ones are facing health problems, be they physical disabilities, sensory impairments, learning disabilities, mobility difficulties, temporary or chronic, it may be time to reach out for help.
LG Caring are a leading domiciliary and homecare provider in the Halifax, Huddersfield and Calderdale areas. We offer a full range of private care services including bariatric care, dementia care and a full range of general home care services.
- We specialise in providing full time, one to one support.
- Our highly trained handpicked carers are truly passionate about caring and only providing the highest levels of care.
- Through our carers we are able to ensure personalised attention and support at all times.
- From companionship through to personal care and to higher level care needs, our carers can support you or your family to stay at home.
- We understand the importance of promoting and maintaining regular routines and preferences, including trips out and mealtime choices.
- Empathy, compassion, skill and commitment are just some of the attributes we ensure all of our carers have.
- What makes our homecare services different is that we put you first.
- We aim to provide you with the same standard of care that we would expect for our own families. This means valuing each person’s unique qualities and seeing them as an individual, and not as a list of care needs.
- We work alongside families and individuals to tailor our services to help our customers stay in control of their own care for as long as they are able to.
- Delivering the very best homecare is our passion, and we strive to achieve this every day.
- All our staff have enhanced DBS checks, are fully trained and very experienced in the care sector.
- We are a member of, and are regulated under the Quality Care Commission.