Band 6 Occupational Therapist
Occupational Therapist Band 6 - SEN School – Swanley
Pay- £26,565- £35,577- Term Time Only!
Heart Teaching are looking for an experienced occupational therapist to work within an friendly and welcoming SEN school in Swanley, Kent. The role is available on either a locum or permanent full time basis.
If you are a qualified occupational therapist with experience working with children, this could be the ideal role for you.
About the school
•SEN school covering an age range of 7-19 years Students have moderate to severe learning difficulties including complex needs and ASD..
•Fully integrated therapy into the curriculum.
•Working within a team of valued members including speech and language therapists, physio, art and play psychotherapists and other Occupational Therapists.
About the role:
•Full time- Term Time Only!
• Delivering a specialist occupational therapy service to pupils
• Supporting pupils with occupational therapy recommendations on their Educational Healthcare Plans and take referrals regarding pupils within the school
• Providing a service to meet the changing needs presented by the pupils of the school
• Adapting the service to meet any additional demands presented by the pupils
•Provide clinical assessments, reports, therapy programmes, advice, and training within the school environment
• Involve pupils and parents/careers throughout the intervention in order to support and enhance pupils and young peoples ability to access their education
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of the pupil s accessing occupational therapy and raise any concerns to the safeguarding officer.
Heart Teaching are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or indeed for any reason. For this role you will require an enhanced DBS on the update device. If you do not have one you be required to apply for a new DBS before starting. We work in line with the Department for Education guidelines and thoroughly vet all candidates prior to placement. You will be asked to provide your current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and if not on the update service to complete a new check through us before commencing a role. Candidates who are signed up to the update service will be asked to provide their DBS details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Heart Teaching are a recruitment business and we are advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of our Client s.