Health and Social Worker
St Matthews Healthcare Ltd
St. Matthews Healthcare provides mental healthcare and rehabilitation services, supporting people to work towards living a fulfilling life as part of the community. We also provide residential care for older people and those with chronic mental health problems, supporting them live every day to the full.
The Moreton Centre provides personalised, compassionate and professional care in a peaceful seaside location in St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, for older people with mental health problems.
The post holder will work as a member of the Multi-disciplinary team and assist the qualified staff and line manager in the total care of the patients. The post holder will accept delegated duties.
The post holder will be expected to participate in the rotational system where appropriate for the clinical area.
1. Establish and maintain therapeutic relationship with patients, carers, all staff and other stakeholders
1. tribute to the optimal delivery of care by assisting other staff in the actual giving of care and to report to a member of the qualified staff any significant changes in the patients’ condition eg. Bruises, rashes and mental state
1. patients with communication and enable them to manage the situation where they might become distressed
1. courage and assist patients to meet their dietary/nutritional needs
1. Promote and assist patients to maintain their personal hygiene, cleanliness and appearance
1. as patient escort to hospitals and other facilities within the community
1. individual or group therapies for patients in line with their care plan
Please note this role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time, Part-time, Day Shift, Night shift