Registered Mental Health Nurse
Registered Mental Health Nurses - Full time - Permanent - Borehamwood - salary from £29,000 per annum doe + benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a registered mental health nurse to join a passionate, small team in Borehamwood. The hospital focuses on working with patients over the long term, and offers a great alternative to the busyness of other settings. The service specialises in treating people with personality disorder, using an evidence-based treatment modality- MBT (Mentalization Based Therapy). They offer a more traditional rehabilitation and recovery route for patients with psychotic illnesses.
The 30-bedded hospital features a library, multi-purpose room, therapy studios and grounds. All patients staying are given the opportunity to attend a timetable planning session to help plan their day with purposeful activities.
You will need to be an NMC registered Mental Health Nurse with up to date PIN. Newly qualified nurses are encouraged to apply and start their journey with this independent inpatient provider.
You will have the opportunity of working nights or days, with a rotational shift pattern based over 2 weeks.
You will be responsible for:
- Being involved in the implementation and maintenance of the Hospital s quality assurance programme.
- Cooperating with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
- Assisting in the assessment of the effectiveness of care and nursing implementation and delivery.
- Working in cooperation with members of the multi-disciplinary health teams to maximise opportunities for patient therapeutic care.
- Encouraging a model of self-care and patient rehabilitation.
- Evaluating Care Plans.
- Administering prescribed medications in accordance with local and NMC guidelines.
- Building trust and developing relationships to ensure patients involvement in all aspects of their treatment.
- Ensuring a whole care treatment package is applied to each patient, including their mental, physical and emotional well-being.
This is a full time (42 hours per week) position with a position for Days and a position for Nights. The Hospital is based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. Salaries for this position start at £29,000 for newly qualified nurses, and increase depending on experience.
For further details on this opportunity, please contact Cara Lynch at Medicor on email your CV to email@example.com to be considered.Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.