Senior Staff Nurse
St Matthews Healthcare Ltd
Senior Staff Nurse
St. Matthews Healthcare provides mental healthcare and rehabilitation services, supporting people to work towards living a fulfilling life as part of the community. We also provide residential care for older people and those with chronic mental health problems, supporting them live every day to the full.
We are looking to recruit Staff Nurses (RMN/RGN) to work flexibly at our 101 bed home in Coventry, Hawthorne House. The post holder will work with and support the Home Manager and Deputy Clinical Leads in ensuring effective management of the overall 24-hour service provided within the clinical area. The post holder will work within the principles of the agreed model of care for the service. The post holder is responsible for providing direct care to identified patients from admission to discharge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To implementation of the agreed model of care in the clinical area.
• To administer and monitor the effects and side effects of medication and all aspects of medication management in line with the Trust and NMC guidelines.
• To act as a Named Nurse and work with the service users / carers / care coordinators to promote individual packages of care.
• To participate in setting and monitoring standards of care and to participate in quality improvement programmes as required
• To ensure a high standard of professional conduct and nursing care is maintained at all times in accordance with the guidelines set by NMC.
In return we can offer you;
• Excellent rates of pay
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Comprehensive induction training
• Ongoing training from our in-house and external training providers
• Continued support and fantastic career development opportunities to progress within a forward thinking, modern health care provider.
This role is being offered on a 48 hours per week basis. The successful candidate will be expected to work at our 101 bed home, on a flexible basis including long days and weekends to meet the needs of the service.
Please note this role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and right to work in the UK.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent