Nurse Unit Manager
Avon Search & Selection
As a Unit Manager with my client in Birmingham, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
* Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
* Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual s care package
Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
* Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
* Review and document care plans on a regular basis
Positively promote the home
* Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
* Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
* Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
* Report all compliments, comments and complaints
* Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
* Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
* Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
Benefits on offer?
* Comprehensive induction and training programme
* On-going development
* Competitive rates of pay
* A challenging and rewarding work environment
* Career progression
* Employee benefits scheme - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
For more details on this excellent role, please call Jonathan on apply online.