Healthcare Support Worker (Hospital)
Cygnet Health Care
Located in Kings Norton, Birmingham, Wast Hills is an award winning Outstanding CQC rated specialist autism hospital, which provides assessment and treatment for up to 25 men and women with autism, who are also living with learning disabilities and complex needs.
In this role your main focus would be to provide safe, sound and supportive care to the people you support. You will have working relationships with the nursing and multi-disciplinary teams, and will play an important role in the lives of the people you support, as well as their families or loved ones. As a key member of the support team, you may be required to contribute to service user multi-disciplinary meetings.
The support and care you provide will be respectful, dignified and caring, following each individual s person-centred care plan to promote choice and independence.
In this role you’ll:
• Enable service users to maintain their personal worth, interests, identity and emotional well-being.
• Provide guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our patients to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
• Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard residents
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We re looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• Compassionate, understanding and trustworthy
• Health and Social Care QCF or SVQ would be beneficial
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• A strong, flexible mental aptitude with ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
• Previous experience would be beneficial, but not essential
• Flexibility to work 12 hour shift patterns
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
• Fully paid comprehensive induction and training for all new starters
• 28 days annual leave
• Courtesy meals and refreshments whilst on shift
• Training and development opportunities
• Paid DBS
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free parking at site
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.