Cinnabar Support and Living
Cartmel Grange requires a Registered Nurse to enhance our team and maintain our excellent reputation.
Cartmel Grange is located in the town of Grange over Sands on the edge of the beautiful Lake District close to the market towns of Ulverston and Kendal.
We are looking for enthusiastic, skilled, reliable individuals with high personal standards who will be dedicated to providing the very best care to our elderly service users. Salary negotiable; excellent terms and conditions of employment.
We are committed to providing a quality service and ‘going that extra mile’.
Hours: Hours are worked on a rota basis.
Shifts: 8am to 8pm or 8pm to 8am.
Purpose of the Post
1. Responsible for implementation and evaluation of specific Care Plans.
2. Carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and may be required to demonstrate skills and supervise unqualified staff.
3. Safely administer medication as prescribed.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Carry out all duties in such a manner as to enhance the residents’ quality of life, ensuring their independence, dignity, fulfilment, choice, privacy and rights are not devalued.
2. Assist in ensuring that agreed standards of resident care within the Home are achieved.
3. Refer complaints from residents/relatives to the Home Manager
4. Inform the Home Manager about accidents and untoward occurrences.
5. Assist when necessary medical staff in carrying out prescribed treatments and investigations.
6. Reports to senior nurse (nights) any changes or deterioration in residents’ condition.
7. Ensure that Health and Safety Regulations within the Home are adhered to, reporting to Manager promptly all hazards and defects, carry out duties in such a manner as to minimise risk to all residents, staff and visitors.
8. Ensure staff awareness of good moving and handling techniques and that same is used within the Home.
9. Ensure correct reception and admission of residents/ visitors etc.
10. To carry out all policies as required in respect of resident safety, property and valuables, fire precautions etc.
11. To carry out duties delegated by the Home Manager/Clinical Nurse Manager/Deputy Manager within competencies.
12. Assisting/arranging/supervising residents needs and diets.
13. Respond quickly to emergencies.
14. Assist the manager to ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to his/her individual need.
15. To adhere to the Home’s Safeguarding policy at all times and act promptly on any concerns.
1. Safe administration of medication according to GP prescription and NMC guidelines
2. Carry out routine investigations
3. Monitor patient’s progress, administer drugs and medicines, apply surgical dressings and give other forms of treatment
4. Advise on nursing care, disease prevention, nutrition, etc. and liaise with the management on issues concerning nursing policy
5. Respond quickly to emergencies.
6. Assist the Manager to ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to his/her individual need.
7. Assist the Manager to secure and sustain the home for the residents, promote a caring environment through high standards of professional practice conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs to the residents.
8. Assist medical doctors, deal with emergencies and prepare patients for examination
9. Carry out the person-in-control’s policy and instruction and implement the requirements of the Care Act 2014.
10. Participate in the preparation for physical and psychological treatment of mentally ill patients
Education & Training
1. To take an active part in the orientation and training of non-trained staff.
2. Assist in the supervision of non-trained staff in the clinical situation.
1. Provide oral and written reports as required to Home Manager/Clinical Nurse Manager/Deputy Manager in the activities of the Home, and on significant matters as required.
2. Assisting and maintaining effective communications within the Home.
3. Preparing and receiving reports for and from day/night staff.
4. Advise the Home Manager/Clinical Nurse Manager/Deputy Manager on matters relating to provision of service as appropriate.
1. Supervise the use of equipment/supplies and ensure their economical and effective use, instructing junior staff as necessary.
2. Assist in testing out new equipment and reporting on effectiveness as requested.
1. Ensure and maintain the environment of staff resources is conducive to job satisfaction and high morale.
2. Inform the Home Manager on staff hours worked, overtime, sickness etc.
3. Monitor and control junior staff and report to the Home Manager, staff who fail to comply with accepted standards.
4. Induct newly appointed staff to their duties together with training required for same.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.