Senior Health Care Assistant
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To supervise and support Care Assistants in their role to ensure quality care service delivery in line with Policies, Procedures and CQC regulations. To provide support for trained Nurses in the day to day running of a shift.
- Supervision of Staff
- Supervise and co-ordinate staff to ensure optimum individual and team performance
- Act as role model
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out fully and in a professional way
- Undertake and encourage staff induction and training
- Motivate, guide and support others to develop
- Be fair, consistent and unbiased with staff and take into account differing backgrounds, skills and experience
- Credit your team and make others feel valued
- Be aware of your team’s abilities and build on them
- Share ideas, skills and knowledge
- Liaise with trained nurses and home manager
- Keep accurate records that are up to date and reflect the current needs of the residents
- Report and document relevant issues
- Carry out 1:1 supervision meetings with Care Assistants where appropriate and ensure that an accurate record of the meeting is written up and held on file for future reference.
SERVICE TO RESIDENTS
- Ensure that service users receive optimum services and care
- Assist in the assessment of residents needs and update care plans as required
- Keep accurate records
- Ensure the delivery of a top quality service
- Deliver hands on care when required in accordance with the agreed care plan
- Support co-ordination of Services
- Promote safe practice and assist in the formulation of risk assessments
- Ensure that infection control procedures are carried out effectively
- To attend and take an active part in staff meetings.
- To attend work reliably and punctually, wearing a clean uniform and correct footwear.
- To attend all training as required and be prepared to achieve qualifications appropriate to the role.
- To ensure that you keep yourself up to date with all policies and procedure changes
- To work in a way that ensures that neither your own Health & Safety is jeopardised or that of your colleagues
- To ensure that any issues that may arise are reported to a Line Manager without delay
- To ensure that a positive image of Hestia Care is promoted at all times and that any risks to the Hestia Care image or reputation is reported immediately.
* must hold a NVQ 2 in care
* employee perks available
* £1.00 supplement on weekends