PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- To provide and manage the delivery of high quality nursing care to residents in accordance with up to date, evidence based professional practice and company policies.
- Delegate and ensure new residents are orientated into their surroundings and introduced to residents and staff. Ensure appropriate documentation is completed on time.
- Assess the resident’s physical, psychological and social needs and draw up a care profile taking into consideration the lifestyle, gender and background of the resident and involve the patient, family and multi-disciplinary team.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in accordance with the resident’s needs and within the named nurse system. Ensure the named nurse system is kept up to date. Assist in the delivery of care where necessary.
- Continuously evaluate care needs with other members of the nursing team and ensure that care plans and records are up to date and accurate. Continually seek to improve the care delivered to residents.
- Help residents to understand the aging process and how it affects their health and lifestyle. Visit each resident daily to assess their needs and assist residents to maximize their comfort, dignity and independence and create the right environment which supports their physical and mental well being.
- Lead a multi disciplinary shift team, supervising staff in all respects including orientation of new staff, appraisal, training and development of care staff, organizing and coordinating their duties, guiding, supporting, monitoring and evaluating staff performance.
- Ensure that documentation relating to the delivery of care is completed accurately, legibly and in accordance with company standards. Participate in the formal audit process at the request of the Home Manager.
- Complete with the NMC Code of Conduct at all times and ensure processes are adhered to for the safe ordering, custody, storing, disposing and administration of all medication. Accept responsibility for the safety of medication in store and on the trolley during dispensing rounds.
- Manage stocks of all supplies effectively and economically and ensure the timely order of replenishment stocks.
- Work co-operatively with activities staff to ensure residents spiritual and social needs are met.
- Proactively develop professional and clinical skills in order to enhance the knowledge and skills needed for safe and effective practice.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas in nursing and social care in respect of stimulation for residents to improve their quality of life.
- Participate in continuous process improvements and make recommendations for change with regard to clinical and on clinical policy.
- Participate in an on call rota if assess to be competent.
- Assist with the investigation of any complaints.
- Keep Management informed of any relevant issues.
- To attend and take an active part in staff meetings.
- To attend work reliably and punctually, wearing a clean uniform and correct footwear.
- To attend all training as required and be prepared to achieve qualifications appropriate to the role.
- To ensure that you keep yourself up to date with all policies and procedure changes
- To work in a way that ensures that neither your own Health & Safety is jeopardised or that of your colleagues
- To ensure that any issues that may arise are reported to a Line Manager without delay
- To ensure that a positive image of Hestia Care is promoted at all times and that any risks to the Hestia Care image or reputation is reported immediately.
* Employee Perks available
* £1.00 supplement on weekends
* Day or Night positions available
* Bank positions also available