Care Homes (Scotland) Ltd
Springboig care centre
Job title: Staff Nurse
Reports to: Person in charge
Responsible to: Home Manager
Responsible for: Nursing Care of allocated Service Users and other Service Users as required.
Minimum Qualifications Registered Nurse
The Staff Nurse is part of the nursing team and will be required to ensure the maintenance of high standard of nursing care whist promotion an atmosphere which enables Service Users to live as independently as possible. The staff Nurse will be expected to act as a team leader of his/her shifts, and to promote the policies of the care Centre.
1. Fully adhere of company’s policy and procedures.
2. To ensure that individual care is given to all Service Users.
3. To carry out all care and nursing procedures in accordance with the procedure Manual and good nursing practice.
4. To carry out all treatments as prescribed including administering medicinesin line with good nursing practice.
5. To ensure that the individual Service Users dignity is maintained at all times.To ensure that Service Users are respectably and comfortably dressed and that they are appropriately groomed i.e. hair brushed, shaved lipstick and other make-up applied, where appropriate etc to ensure their clothing chair or bed, table and surrounding floor is clean after meals.
6. To assist in the reception of new Service Users
7. As a Staff Nurse to plan the day-to-day care of Service Users and supervise the work of other grades of care staff, reporting any shortfall in acceptable standards of care.
8. To document accurately matters pertaining to Service users care.
9. To write and give and receive reports, including Service Users care plans.
10. To give accurate information regarding Service Users conditions at handover to the next person in charge.
11. To ensure that good communications are maintained with Service Users and relatives.
1. To deputies for the person in charge or Manager in her absence during the Staff Nurses shift time and when asked to do so by the person in charge, Regional Manager or proprietor.
2. To move, withdraw and report defective equipment and notify the person in charge and Manager, of action taken.
3. To ensure that Service Users property is safeguarded and that records are updated as necessary.
4. To report accidents to staff, Service Users and visitors to the manager, and record on the Incident Report.
5. To assist with the induction of new staff.
6. To assist with in-service training activities.
7. As the Staff Nurse ordering Service Users supplies of medicines for all Service Users and also the recording and administration of medicines as per Care Centre policy.
8. To ensure that there is a Registered Nurse on the premises AT All TIMES, remaining on duty if necessary until cover can be arranged.
9. At the end of shift, to give an accurate report to the next shift.
10. Deploys staff within the Care centre to accommodate the changing work load.