Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD - Specialist Autism Service
Cygnet Health Care
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
Registered Leaning Disabilities Nurse / RNLDs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
• Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
• Newly Qualified or Experienced Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Able to maintain documentation and undertake audits
• Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
• Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
• Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
• RCNi membership
• 50% NMC fee reimbursed by Cygnet
• Free Meals on Duty
• Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• Employee referral scheme
• Pension scheme
• Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
Situated in East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, Cygnet Cedar Vale is a specialist autism hospital, providing assessment and intervention for up to 14 men living with autism and learning disabilities, as well as associated complex needs or difficulties with social engagement. Cygnet Cedar Vale is an impressive period property, situated on the edge of a picturesque village in its own extensive grounds.
The service consists of three distinct areas to support individuals with different levels of need. Each of these areas are aimed at providing the individuals with an environment that will support them for moving on to more independent living. Within the service there are a number of communal lounges and dining areas that provide a choice of dining experiences, as well as more opportunities for service users to socialise or have quiet time away from others. Other facilities include a recently expanded and upgraded sensory room, a large garden and skills rooms.
Awards for Cygnet Cedar Vale:
•Great British Care Awards 2017 – Good Nurse Award (Midlands Region) – Charge Nurse Beth Fields (Finalist)
•Laing Buisson Awards 2017 – Nursing Practice Award – Charge Nurse Beth Fields (Finalist)
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.