Avondale Care (Scotland) Ltd. operate two purpose built facilities in the Falkirk Area.
Carrondale Care Home is situated in Carron and is a 72 bed facility providing care for frail and elderly residents over 65. Carrondale has an excellent reputation in the area and has achieved very good grades in the most recent Care Inspectorate inspection.
Glenbervie Care Home is a 62 bed facility providing care for frail and elderly residents over 65 and adults under 65. Glenbervie Care Home is a brand new build and opened in 2017. The Care Home is furnished to a high standard and has additional facilities on-site such as a café, a large training facility a hairdressing salon and several areas for activities.
Avondale Care (Scotland) Ltd. invest heavily in state of the art systems for care plans, medication administration, nurse call and rotas. These systems mean less paperwork for our staff who can spoend more time delivering personalised care for our residents.
To prescribe, deliver and supervise the execution of excellent standards of care in accordance with our policies and procedures; To lead a care team promoting wellbeing and independence together with dignity and respect within a person centred caring environment.
Key Responsibilities :
• Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents' needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life and deliver the best possible outcomes for all concerned
• Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing, evaluating and updating care plans to meet our residents physical, social and psychological needs.
• Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered, in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
• Build the positive reputation of the Business; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders.
• Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive.
• Participate knowledgably and professionally during inspection visits, ensuring your team is ready at all times to do the same.
• Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
• Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to residents and employees.
• Promote a cohesive team approach and a welcoming atmosphere to ensure staff members feel a connection to our residents and the home, and they are well supported to deliver high quality care.
• Understand the key targets of the home and support the Home Manager by promoting and practicing high standards of nursing care and ensuring staff and shifts are supervised in a smooth manner.
• Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times.
• Attend relevant meetings both internal and external; attend regular team meetings and monthly appraisals with line manager.
• Act as a reflective and developmental practitioner participating in continual professional development and meeting the requirements of professional revalidation.
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours – (Essential)
1.The ability to lead a team, analyse problems and propose solutions or improvements
2.Able to communicate effectively and to develop professional relationships
3.Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
4.Respectful of the values, views and needs of others
• Able to work under pressure and prioritise workload
Key Experience and Knowledge - (Desirable)
• Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
• People Management experience
• Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes
Candidate must be Inventive and flexible, with strong leadership and management skills
Have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal records check provided by Disclosure Scotland. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment.
You should have a valid registration with NMC
What we’ll offer you in return:
A competitive salary
Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
28 days annual leave.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
Job Type: Full-time