If your passion is in social care don t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work within this outstanding authority. South Tyneside Council is currently looking for a social worker to join their Support & Strengthening Families. The authority is offering a three month contract so this is a great opportunity to work within a supportive team, allowing you to make a positive impact on the lives of young children & their family on a daily basis.
As well as being a supportive authority South Tyneside offers:
* Clear progression routes
* Provided with a work phone & tablet from the outset of contract
* Access to all training course available to permanent staff members
Benefits of Randstad
* An unlimited referral incentive, £300 voucher for anyone you refer to us
* Full range of training available
* Support & training in line with HCPC
* A committed & dedicated consultant
This full time position offers an attractive hourly rate of up to £25 an hour (Umbrella)
* As a social worker you will have responsibility for an agreed caseload under the direction and support of the team manager and you will also have access to practice guidance and support from a Senior Social Worker.
* Deliver direct support and intervention to children, young people and their families within a multi-agency context to maximise positive outcomes.
* Support the service achieve its goals of providing early support to children and families and ensuring children can safely remain within their own families and communities where ever this is in the child s best interests.
* Establish effective relationships with children, young people and families, employ evidence based and outcome focused interventions that are designed to ensure a positive journey through intervention and support for the child and family.
The successful candidate must
* Be passionate about improving the lives of young children & their families
* Have an up-to-date knowledge of the legal framework for children s Social Care
* Experience of holding Children and Families cases.
* Be a qualified social worker
* Be HCPC registered
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss other opportunities available within social care please contact Ethan Proud on Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.