General Practitioner - Homeless/Substance Misuse
Sanctuary Criminal Justice is currently looking for a General Practitioner to work in Norwich on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of substance misuse.
The pay rate for this locum General Practitioner job is negotiable with the client and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To provide GP services to the vulnerable adult community. This includes the street homeless, those in hostel, "sofa-surfers" and asylum cases. The cohort of patients have a varied range of medical issues both simple and complex. Their needs are often complicated further by drug and/or alcohol dependency.
- GP services to vulnerable adults. Managing a variety of conditions typical of those presenting in a city centre GP practice. Alongside this the vulnerable adult community will have a range of conditions as a result of rough sleeping and drug and alcohol dependency.
Requirements of the General Practitioner:
- Must be GMC Registered as a GP
- Must have prior experience working in a GP shared care role
- Some prior knowledge or experience of working with Drug/Alcohol users or Homeless is desirable as is a knowledge and understanding of mental health.
- Excellent communication skills and a higher level of tolerance of unpredictable behaviours is required.
This General Practitioner job is advertised by Hannah Rutter; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work