Consultant Social Worker - Assessment
Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Consultant Social Worker to work full-time within an Assessment Team based in Swindon.
The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £43,403 to £44,493 per annum.
This role provides an opportunity to shape children s social work at management level while remaining hands-on and will contribute to the development of service and practice within legislative and policy frameworks. The post holder will demonstrate professional commitment by taking responsibility for their conduct, practice and learning, with support through supervision.
- Undertake assessments of needs, risks and options for children and young people with the most complex/high risk care needs and/or circumstances, in accordance with legislation requirements.
- Undertake interviews, observation and gather information from children, families and other agencies. Analyse, summarise and evaluate this information to provide a holistic assessment of need.
- Assess and balance risk and protective factors within a child protection framework.
- To provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
- Chair, review, planning, case conference meetings as appropriate and reassess cases. Adapt interventions accordingly.
- To make a key contribution towards developing policies and procedures for the service area.
- Responsibility for the development, supervision and mentoring of newly qualified social workers, working closely with the Social Work Practice Development Officer to ensure that the development of NQSW s is undertaken in line with national guidance.
- Be instrumental in creating a learning environment for the team making best use of research and development opportunities.
- Manage the caseloads of newly qualified social workers, prioritising, allocating and reviewing tasks and responsibilities accordingly to ensure effective service delivery.
- Lead, guide and direct newly qualified social workers to ensure work plans are in place and accountability taken by each worker for the cases held.
- To be fully accountable for all work undertaken for children allocated to both the post holder and newly qualified social workers for which the post holder is responsible.
- To actively work with other Consultant Social Workers to maximise the positive impact on development of newly qualified staff.
- Provide focused and purposeful social work interventions with explicit aims and objectives about desired outcomes within the policies and procedures.
- Hold case management responsibility for a caseload, develop appropriate packages or programmes of care, devise written plans for intervention and/or care for children and their families including child protection plans in line with child protection procedures.
- Refer and provide information to senior managers as necessary.
- Keep up to date and use research knowledge and findings of social learning theory and systematic approaches and statutory guidance to inform social work practice.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- A minimum of 2 years post qualifying UK experience
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click below to apply now.