Speech and Language Therapist - Stanford Hall
Military Medical Personnel
Locum Speech and Language Therapist Band 6 (Neuro rehab)
Speech and Language Therapist - Essential Requirements:
* Must have a Degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
* Must be registered with Health and Care Professions Council.
* Must be State registered on the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy register.
* Evidence of postgraduate training in neurological rehabilitation.
* Must have specialist knowledge of the neurological bases of acquired communication and swallowing disorders and their appropriate management, to include specialist knowledge of speech, voice, language, higher level linguistic disorders, pragmatics and cognitive communication problems.
* Must have a minimum of two years post graduate experience including experience as a band 5 or band 6 Speech and Language Therapist working with complex patients with neurologically based disorders of communication and/or swallowing providing impairment and functional based treatment, including assessment of Assistive Communication Aids.
Speech and Language Therapist - About the role:
* To work as part of the consultant led team to provide highly specialist assessment and treatment of patient with complex cognitive problems with a range of neurological diagnoses.
* To provide specialist assessment and treatment of patients with a range of neurological diagnoses.
* To be responsible for planning and prioritising own and departmental workload. To participate in organising and implementing specialist neurological Speech and Language services.
* To support the development and implementation policies and procedures across the Speech and Language Neurological service to ensure quality of service provision and evidence based practice. This includes implementation of relevant National standards and guidelines.
* To provide specialist clinical advice on neurological rehabilitation to Speech and Language undergraduate students, other members of the multidisciplinary team, and external agencies/ organisations as requested.
Military Medical Personnel offer an attractive package for candidates which may include the following:
* Attractive rates of pay with weekly payments and choice of payment model
* A generous "Refer a Friend" bonus scheme
* Flexibility of long and short term assignments to suit your availability
* Contribution towards your continued professional development (CPD) if applicable
* Free uniforms provided (if required)
* Free DBS disclosures, Disclosure Scotland or Access NI as applicable
* Free blood tests and fitness to work certificates (if required)
* Free mandatory training
* Assigned an experienced consultant who will support you throughout your application who will continue to look after you during your assignment