Research Nurse Band 7 - Stanford Hall
Military Medical Personnel
Band 7 Research Team Lead
The post of Senior Research Nurse's remit is to be part of the research team primarily involved with leading the day to day running of the study, including collection of data for this large epidemiological study.
* Communication with study patients
* Recruiting patients
* Consenting patients
* Arranging and coordinating initial and follow up appointments
* Tracking patients
* Data Collection
* Preparation of all documentation associated with study
* Completion of clinical research file
* Clinical and psychosocial assessments associated with the research study to include, DEXA scanning, vascular and cardiovascular assessments, respiratory, musculoskeletal, functional, advanced clinical history taking, phlebotomy, patient reported outcome questionnaires, specific assessments relevant to amputees
* Management of data queries
* Supervision and teaching of junior staff
* Prepare regular reports to be presented to research study project manager
* To provide ongoing advice and information to study participants with regard to their participation in clinical research in order to facilitate effective informed consent and to maintain a supportive role throughout the trial.
* To assist in the assessment of participants against eligibility criteria in research and monitor their condition throughout their participation.
* To coordinate the trial investigations, treatments and procedures according to trial protocols
* Word processing standard letters and other communications as appropriate
* To develop trial related documentation, to include, standard operating procedures, risk assessments, CRF, trial pro formas and templates.
* To develop and maintain trial master file according to ADMR and GCP guidance.
* To accurately collate data on relevant file pro formas within a pre determined time frame and respond to data queries
* To accurately and promptly report serious adverse events to the relevant authorities
* To accurately report and document any deviations from normal in clinical
assessments, and ensure that appropriate medical assessment or intervention is instigated.
* Assist in the preparation of results of research for presentations as posters or scientific presentations.
* To perform venepuncture as required for research purposes
* To process, store and despatch blood and urine samples, according to trial protocols and unit policies and guidelines.
* To educate patients and carers with regard to trial protocols.
* Maintaining data integrity including high standards of accuracy in data collection and storage.
* Responsible for managing stock levels for ADVANCE study including ordering of disposables and stationary.
* Line management responsibility for clinical team. Supervise and assess clinical and administrative staff performance and development and conduct the performance review process.
* Monitor absences, initiate restore and efficiency or disciplinary actions as required
*Facilitate staff personal development plans.
* Provision of motivational skills in developing and leading staff.
* Provision of clinical supervision