Who are the Spinal Injuries Association?
The Spinal Injuries Association (SIA) is the leading national user-led charity for spinal cord injured (SCI) people. Being a user led, we are well placed to understand the everyday needs of living with spinal cord injury and are here to meet those needs by providing key services to share information and experiences, and to campaign for change ensuring each person can lead a full and active life. We are here to support you from the moment your spinal cord injury happens, and for the rest of your life.
Our mission is to support all those affected by spinal cord injury by advising, educating and campaigning on their behalf.
Our vision is that all spinal cord injured people receive the specialist treatment, care, rehabilitation and support they need to be fully integrated and empowered participants in society.
• Work together in an environment built on RESPECT and mutual support.
• Always be USER LED in our decision making and development
• EMPOWER SCI people as the experts in managing their lives
• Be COMMITTED to the ever changing needs of SCI people by campaigning for the best treatment and care
• CHALLENGE perceptions and behaviours towards SCI, ensuring a more INCLUSIVE society
• Have INTEGRITY in our work, collaborating with others where a greater impact can be achieved